Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Fat (free) Tuesday

During my second pregnancy, my pregnancy with H, I decided once she was born I was going to lose all the weight I'd gained since getting married, having J, and then some. I had a c-section and then had to wait 6 weeks before I could be cleared by my gynecologist to exercise and such. I had that appointment on a Tuesday afternoon and that night is when I weighed in for the first time to begin my weight loss journey. And so "Fat (free) Tuesday" was born. I've been weighing in almost every Tuesday since then and trying to keep close track of where I'm at. I wish I had a weekly log of exactly how much weight I'd lost each weigh-in, but I don't. Sad face. But I promise that I'll be posting here every Tuesday night to keep those few people who are reading this up to date on how awesome my weight loss is going.

So, as I said in my first blog post I weighed in last time (now 2 weeks ago because I was busy last week out of town and I don't trust other scales) at 177.8. Traveling last week meant I didn't get as great of a workout as I normally would so I'm not surprised I gained weight that week. But this last week? well...



All I wanted to say was "Boo, you whore!" The scale...not you. And kick it and break it in half (then glue it back together because I like my scale). Ugh! I suck! I'm so incredibly frustrated. For the longest time after Christmas I was sitting at 180 and it seems like my body really wants to go back to that. I am not really sure what happened to make me gain that much this week. I did indulge a little on sweet things but not nearly enough to warrant that! So I've decided I'm starting over in a sense. I'm going back to writing every calorie down, drinking almost 100 oz of water a day and making sure I get at least 60 min of exercise a day. I've been slacking a bit too much. So hopefully next week will be better.

I realized something today as I was on the elliptical at the gym. I used to just go and do the elliptical for 30 min and then be done with my workout. I was only burning 400 calories or so and I was still losing 3-4 lbs a week. Because I was nursing! I was burning 500+ calories more a day just by feeding my baby. I think that was the biggest reason why my first 40 lbs or so came off so easily. I got into the habit of only burning that much and eating about 1500 calories and it just came easy. But now is a different story. In November my body was kinda like "hey, I need calories too!" and stopped producing milk so I had to stop nursing. And that is when my weight loss slowed down and has now been yo-yo-ing back and forth. I'm learning how to do it without that extra help. I can't be a little careless with my eating. I HAVE to get my exercise in.

I did have a small victory this week though. I tried on and FIT INTO a size 10 pair of jeans. Never ever in my life was I a size 10. I don't remember ever wearing anything smaller than a size 14. I am absolutely thrilled to be getting so close to my goal of a size 8. Its so fun to see the difference in my body. I was about 180 lbs when I got married and I was a size 14. But now, at the same weight I'm a 10! amazing. Here's an awesome picture of my bum for your viewing pleasure. :)





That small victory will definitely keep me motivated this week. Happy Fat (free) Tuesday everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Bri! I love reading your blog. I'd admire that you work out 60min a day. I try to do about 30-45 min a day, with little parker he doesn't like me to go any longer. horay for moms with kids taking care of our bodies! love you!! p.s your bum looks awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan. I love you. End of story. :) You coming back here soon??

      Delete
  2. I have seen your bum many times throughout your life, but this is the best! You are right--sometimes you hit a plateau and it's frustrating. Keeping going Bri. And even at a size 10, you are smaller than over 70% of American women!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That whole size thing kinda blows my mind...is that a good thing or a bad thing that most women are bigger than me now? Anyway, thanks alyson! Love you too!

      Delete

I'd love to get feedback from you on posts and answer any questions. Basically, talk to me, I'm cool.