Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fat (free) Tuesday Again!

This week went by really fast for me. That's probably a really good thing because sometimes when you're counting calories it can seem like the days just drag on and your stomach is an endless pit that wants you to consume ridiculous amounts of calories but you can't...and it sucks. But that didn't happen to me this week which I'm very grateful for.

So like I said I went back to strictly counting calories this week. I use a website/app called Sparkpeople.com to track all my food. It's a great site that is free and allows you to either follow a meal plan they set out for you or just enter in your own foods. The trick is you actually have to track the food you eat! What!? Yeah, if you're counting calories you actually have to count them, I know. Weird. With SparkPeople you enter in your weight and you can enter exercise for calories burned as well. Then you can view a little chart that tells you the difference in your calories burned versus consumed. And that's how you lose weight, folks. I also really love that the site gives you a range of calories to eat per day, not a set number. So for me I get between 1400-1700 calories a day. Then if I need those extra 300 one day when I am just endlessly hungry, I have them. But other days I don't need them and I'm still in the range of where I should be. It's great.

So, how did my calorie counting go this week? Oh well...


Loss: 5 lbs
Total loss: 60 lbs

BAM! That's right! I lost 5 Lbs this week!!!!! I couldn't believe it. That is the most I have EVER lost in a single week, even when I first started and my body was in shock and I was nursing too. I am absolutely thrilled with that loss. And that makes it a total of 60 lbs lost! WOW!!!! That seriously blows my mind. Now all I want to do is continue to be strict in counting and exercising and keep those pounds off! No More up and down. We are in the home stretch to goal weight now.

One thing I've really been thinking a lot about this week is where your calories come from. You can definitely eat all the junk you want and still count calories but if you really want to be healthy those calories should be coming from a good place. I won't lie, I definitely counted calories on 2 3 cadbury creme eggs this week and maybe a few cadbury mini eggs too. It's unrealistic to think that you're never going to have candy, dessert or anything delicious ever again. But maybe an orange should be what you have with your lunch instead of a 100 calorie snack pack of cheese-its. It's definitely something I'm trying to improve on.

Well, that was mostly my week. Tonight I bought my first size 10 bottom...well, skirt in this case. Up until now I'd only been trying them on and tonight I purchased! Wooooo!!!!!


8 comments:

  1. Way to go!!!! You look amazing and inspire me!!! I have loved using spark people I also like My fitness pal. Spark people has some great recipes and a lot of good motivational stories/blogs..like yours! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Amy, sparkpeople does have recipes. I always forget about that. lol

      Delete
  2. YAY! I love following this journey with you. I am on the same journey and doing weight watchers and it is struggle everyday to eat right and stressful to know you are going to have to face the scale, but totally worth it! Congrats on 5lbs down in a week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're following along! I need all the support I can get and I'm more than willing to support you in yours too! Keep it up!

      Delete
  3. Way to go hot mama!!! I just watched the last biggest loser last night and could not believe the transformations - you are one of those people, so inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally wish I was as cool as those people on biggest loser! lol getting there. Thanks lady!

      Delete
  4. You look amazing! Congrats on all your success. You are a great inspiration and motivator for all of us moms trying to get back our pre-prego bodies! Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassie thank you so much for your comment and the nice things you said! lol even though I can feel the difference in my body its nice to know other people notice too :) Miss you!

      Delete

I'd love to get feedback from you on posts and answer any questions. Basically, talk to me, I'm cool.